Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Crime Scene blog: Alabama lawyer is lead attorney in lawsuit against Pete Newman, Kanakuk

Kathee Baird's Crime Scene blog notes that Alabama attorney G. Rick DiGiorgio is the lead attorney in the lawsuit filed today against former Kanakuk Kamp counselor Pete Newman, K-Kamp (formerly Kanakuk Kamp), and Kanakuk Ministries.

Michael Merrell, Kimberling City, is the local lawyer in the case, which was filed Jan. 31 in Taney County Circuit Court.

Newman was handed two life sentences, plus 30 years, after pleading guilty to sexually abusing underaged boys.

3 comments:

Kathee Baird said...

Randy,

It's G. Rick DiGiorgio.

Randy said...

Thanks, Kathee. I have corrected that. I don't know how I did that, because I have it right in my notes.

Randy said...

Thanks, Kathee. I have corrected that. I don't know how I did that, because I have it right in my notes.