Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Show of solidarity planned for T. R. Hanrahan

A show of solidarity for fired Missouri Southern State University Publications Manager T. R. Hanrahan has been scheduled for 12 noon Friday, May 6, on the university oval.

The organizers placed the following message on the Facebook page created for the event:

We are gathering for a show of solidarity for one of MSSU's finest, T.R. Hanrahan. We students fully understand and accept that a protest will not get T.R. reinstated from his unjust termination by our university's shameful and deplorable leader, President Bruce Speck. However, we can exercise our first amendment right to peaceably assemble and show both our dissatisfaction for Southern's flawed leadership and express our love for one of the best men the institution has ever had on its payroll.


Bruce Speck has shown time and time again that he does not care about students. He does not care about first amendment issues. He does not care about treating his faculty and staff justly. He does not care about equality. He does not care about us - any of us. He is a self-serving man who has only driven our once fine institution of higher learning into a perpetual state of regression.

Shame on you, Bruce Speck. Shame on you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

10:23

It is a waste of time to 'shame on' someone who has no shame.

Aaron DuRall said...

Let it be known that I understand the original posting of that info was crass and included harsh criticism of Bruce Speck. I will make no apologies for what was originally typed and I feel that I adequately expressed my distaste for Speck.

However, I understand my sentiments are not necessarily that of everyone else's. I do regret that this posting was made before I revised the "info" section about an hour ago for the event. But, it is what it is.

I AM very proud to see that Turner is behind us and helping promote our plan to show T.R. how much he is really loved and admired by so many people. Although, I think the guy already knows it!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful opportunity for the Board of Regents to stand up and make a decision that is best for the university, instead of being told what is best for the university by Bruce Speck.

Whoops, I just woke up from a dream. Sorry.