Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pennsylvanian raising funds for Joplin tornado victims

I received this wonderful Facebook message a few moments ago, another sign that the whole country is rallying around Joplin after the tornado:

Hi, My name is Debbie Johnston, I live in West Grove, Pennsylvania and thought you may be able to help me. I am involved with our high school(Avon Grove HS) Sports Booster organization. I manage the concessions. I could not help but feel compelled to help in some way when I saw the pictures of the devastation left by the tornado. I was especially struck by the pictures of Joplin High School and that graduation had just taken place that same day. I am a parent of a graduating senior and and an incoming freshman. I found your article during my Google search and felt a very personal connection.


Our athletic fields are being used for a soccer tournament this weekend, and the Boosters are allowing me to open the concession stand. It is our intention to donate all profits to Joplin High School. I don't know how much we will raise, but it is our intention to donate all profits to Joplin High School in the hope that it will help in the rebuilding of the school. After reading you article, I thought you may be able to put me in touch with the right person/people so that I can be sure that they are okay with my plans. Please know all of Joplin has been in mine and my family's thoughts and prayers.

I gave Debbie information on how to contact the local American Red Cross chapter.

No comments: