Monday, May 02, 2011

PoliticMo: Joplin High School Constitution Team celebrates death of Osama bin Laden

The Joplin High School Constitution Team, in the nation's capital for the national competition, found itself a part of history, according to Eli Yokley at PoliticMo:

“It was overwhelming. Everyone was yelling and proclaiming yelling patriotic chants,” said Bekah Collins, 18, from Joplin. “There was so much comradery among everyone there.”


Emma Meek, 18, also from Joplin, was also there with the team, and said it was a moment she will never forget.

“It was the best experience of my life. I can tell my kids about this. People are going to always remember where they were when this happened, and I was in the middle of the celebration,” she told PoliticMo. “As an Obama supporter, I feel as though this has brought gratification to his presidency and will add supporters to the 2012 campaign.”

Will Norton, also from Joplin, said, “Everybody is so proud to be American and happy to come together to share this memorable day in history. I’ve never felt more patriotic!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did the guy interview his girlfriend and her friend?