Sunday, September 11, 2011

First reader responses arriving for 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado


The early reviews are coming in on our new book, 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado. Here are some of the comments we have received thus far:

"I got my copy yesterday and have barely been able to put it down...Randy, the stories...I get teary eyed and it really makes me thankful that all my family survived that night in the neighbors basement without any scratches....but I feel for everyone who had to endure that and I truly hope to NEVER see another tornado in my life!!!! Thank you for publishing the book!!!"

***
"Got my 3 in the mail yesterday. A friend at work bought one is about 1/2 way through and really likes it...as in thinks it's a great effort and collection of stories. I plan to bring mine in for signing on 9/24!"

***

"I finished your book with tears in my eyes. The last time I saw Joplin was one week before the tornado. After all the stories and photos, it's still hard to believe it's not fiction and it really happened back home in Joplin. There are so many heroes, so many miracles, so much unselfishness. There were a lot of heroes at the end of the book who weren't able to tell their own story. The stories are heartbreaking and heartwarming."

***

The first official signing for the book is scheduled for 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, September 24, at Hastings Books on Rangeline in Joplin. It is available at Hastings and Changing Hands Book Shop in Joplin. It can also be purchased at Amazon.com (see the ad on the upper right hand corner of this page.

No comments: