Friday, September 30, 2011

Kander: I'm running for secretary of state

(From Rep. Jason Kander)

Rep. Jason Kander (D-Kansas City) issued the following statement today regarding the announcement by Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan that she won’t be seeking reelection:

“I want to express my deep gratitude to Secretary Carnahan for her years of service to Missouri. In a state full of accomplished public servants her achievements stand out. Her dedication to public service has made this state demonstrably better. From fighting aggressively to protect our senior citizens from fraud to ensuring fair elections year in and out, Secretary Carnahan has led from the front. I am confident that in her future endeavors she will continue to stand up for Missourians, and I look forward to continue working with her in the future.

“It is important that the next Secretary of State continues moving the office forward in the most efficient and effective manner. Our next Secretary of State must be someone who knows the difficulties small businesses face. Our next Secretary of State must be someone who has a record of fighting fraud and corruption in government. Our next Secretary of State must be beholden to no one but the voters. Our next Secretary of State must be committed to working every day to making Missouri stronger.

“I am the son of a cop and a juvenile probation officer. I am the husband of a small business owner. I am the product of an extended family of foster brothers. I am a veteran of the war in Afghanistan. I am running for Secretary of State and I look forward to talking with citizens from across Missouri about my vision for the office.”

No comments: