Thursday, September 08, 2011

My apology to Jane Cunningham


While writing a post about the Senate Education Committee's unanimous decision to scrap the Facebook portion of Sen. Jane Cunningham's SB 54 last night I should have examined what I have previously written instead of making the mistake of relying on memory.

I incorrectly said that the Amy Hestir Davis Student Protection Act was shepherded through Mrs. Cunningham's General Laws Committee and not through the Senate Education Committee. That was incorrect. The bill, indeed, went through the Senate Education Committee.

Had I checked my earlier Turner Report posts, I would have seen that it was another of Mrs. Cunningham's anti-teacher bills that bypassed the Education Committee and went directly to a safe home in her General Laws Committee.

That bill would have eliminated teacher tenure and replaced it with a four-tier system which would pay the top 25 percent of teachers 60 percent more than the next 25 percent with the bottom 50 percent receiving even less.

I have corrected the mistake on the earlier post.

I extend an apology to Sen. Cunningham and in the future, I will do my best to try not to confuse any of her anti-teacher legislation.

5 comments:

Branson Missouri said...

Good job. I commend your efforts to be accurate and your continuing resilience in your fight.

Anonymous said...

An earlier post about Senator Cunningham's 'tight wig' caused me to laugh out loud.

What do we know about the Senator? Did she go to private schools; do her kids; was she a neglicted child? Someone has got to be funding her ambitions. Is it Rex?

Dorothy Potter Snyder said...

Boy that's a good one! Good journalism and fair minded people win this one.

Dorothy Potter Snyder said...

Good, fair minded people win this one. This one.

Anonymous said...

does the need for approval mean only comments that agree with Randy...reminds me of someone else who doesn't like to hear criticism