Thursday, November 10, 2011

TIlley drops out of lieutenant governor's race


Speaker of the House Steve Tilley, R-Perrvyille, announced today he is droppoing out of the lieutenant governor's race:

But Tilley said Thursday that his political career had taken a toll on his family, his personal life and his career as an eye doctor. He said a campaign for a statewide office would have taken even more time away from his daughters -- Kourtney, 17, and Korrin, 15 -- which is something he was unwilling to do.
"I've spent seven years on the road for the caucus and party and you know, to be candid, I missed some stuff with my daughters I shouldn't have missed. I probably didn't pay as much attention to my family as I should have," Tilley told The Associated Press. "And I have a choice now: I can either learn from those mistakes and set different priorities, or I can just repeat those mistakes."

No comments: