Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Billy Long: My thoughts and prayers with those affected by tornadoes

In his February newsletter, issued today, Seventh District Congressman Billy Long issued a statement about Tuesday night's tornado destruction.


My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tornados across southwest Missouri that have claimed lives and left many with injuries and property damage.  My staff has been in Branson since first light and will continue to monitor the situation and help in any and every way possible. As the nation saw after the Joplin tornado, Southwest Missourians know how to pull together and this is no exception.
I have been in close contact with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and now that Governor Nixon has declared a state of emergency I will ensure the federal government continues to work with local and state officials to provide disaster relief to those in need.  For assistance and updated information, please call my Springfield office at (417) 889-1800 or my Joplin office at (417) 781-1041.

No comments: