(From the Dave Spence for Governor campaign)
Dave Spence, Republican candidate for governor, today announced his “Back to Reality” pledge to the voters of Missouri. In doing so, Spence cited numerous recent episodes in which state and federal government have severely overstepped their bounds. As governor, Dave will be committed to fighting against the overreaching bureaucrats and career politicians that have run amok in Jefferson City and Washington, D.C.
“As a “real-world” employer and a private citizen, I was convinced to run for office by the incompetent fiscal management and reckless disregard for individual liberty exhibited by the Nixon and Obama Administrations. I pledge to bring failed government back to reality by standing up for everyday Missourians and using a healthy dose of common sense,” said Spence. “The American Dream that I lived due to the pro-jobs, pro-freedom policies started by President Ronald Reagan is being cast aside by a bunch of know-it-all career politicians, most of whom never created a job outside of creating a new government program.”
Dave will bring state and federal government “Back to Reality” by fighting against:
- ObamaCare- Jay Nixon refused to act on behalf of the 71% of Missourians that voted to stop ObamaCare from hurting our economy and usurping personal freedom.
- Cap and Trade- Like ObamaCare this job-killing federal mandate would hurt Missouri families by forcing what amounts to an energy tax on businesses and sky-rocketing utility bills for families. Jay Nixon has been culpable in his silence.
- Ridiculous Farm Regulations- Whether trying to regulate farm dust or stop grandkids from riding tractors and using power screwdrivers, government bureaucrats need to get off the back of family farms.
- Punitive State Agencies- State agencies like Nixon’s Department of Natural resources forgot that they work for the taxpayers, and they are stifling businesses by overregulation and bureaucratic red-tape.
- Unethical Politicians- The cronyism in appointments, “pay to play” contributions, and lavish lobbyists gifts embraced by the Nixon Administration are corrupting the system. True public service must be restored.
- Special Interests- Jay Nixon is stopping common sense litigation, labor and regulatory reform because plaintiffs’ attorneys and labor unions have funneled millions of dollars into his campaign coffers. For Missouri businesses to grow, this must be changed.
“Any freedom-loving Missourian can take one look at the laundry list of government outrages perpetrated on us and recognize that Jay Nixon and his bigger government, less freedom supporting friends in D.C. are out of control. In this governor’s race Jay Nixon will most definitely run, but he cannot hide from his record. His actions, or at times failure to act, have killed jobs and undermined the security of Missourians,” added Spence.