Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Granby man's letter rips TIlley for Limbaugh choice

Former Granby Junior High teacher and old friend Curtis Tanner is not happy with Speaker of the House Steve Tilley's decision to induct syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh into the Hall of Famous Missourians. He sent the following letter to the speaker: Rep. Steve Tilley Speaker of the House of the state of Missouri Mr. Speaker, My name is Curtis Tanner, I am 67 years old and live in Granby, MO. I was born here in Granby and have live my entire life here. I have three grown daughters and one teenage granddaughter. I cannot believe a man of your status could HONOR in any way Rush Limbaugh. Neither I, nor ANY of my Republican friends listen to this rude, despicable, strife and hate monger's broadcast. He is called a political conservative spokesperson. I find him vile, rude and totally contemptible. If he stands for conservative people, then the definition of being conservative has changed very much for the worse. I'll not deny his is from Missouri or that he is famous. You've stated other famous Missourians have made questionable comment, which is true. However, there is a difference between them and Limbaugh. They did not rant over the air waves for three days degrading a young women with vulgar remarks. I truly believe any form of honoring Limbaugh will send a message to our citizens and all our school children that visit the capitol that we respect and condone such behavior. Please rethink this before we send such a message. Yours truly, Curtis Tanner

No comments: