Friday, March 16, 2012

Why I am backing Rick Santorum

When you lead a life as exciting as mine, the arrival of spring break is a door opening to another adventure.

I decided not to head for Fort Lauderdale. My sole destination after I left school following a morning of parent-teacher conferences was the couch in my apartment for a blissful appointment with nap time.

Curse you, Mitt Romney!

I finally had to give up on my hopes of catching some restful slumber thanks to four, count them four, robo-calls from supporters of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, urging me to get to the caucuses and support him in his effort to stay the momentum of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

I had no plans of attending the Republican caucuses. I haven't been to a presidential caucus since 1984 when I attended the Barton County Democratic Caucus in my role as county campaign manager for Gary Hart.

But when you wake me up from my nap, you are messing with a force of nature. Four robo-calls in support of one robo-candidate.

Rick Santorum is looking better all the time.

As I thought about whether I should attend the Jasper County Republican Caucus, I thought about all of the beliefs that Rick Santorum and I have in common.

First, there's his stance on contraception. No wait a minute, I don't agree with him on that.

Or how about his progressive views on education? (What, you say he doesn't have any progressive views on education?)

Or how about his support of women's issues (What's that you say? Santorum believes a woman's place is in the oven?)

Perhaps Rick Santorum and I don't agree on that many issues but there is one Santorum platform I can stand firmly behind- HE DOESN'T WAKE ME UP WHEN I AM TAKING A NAP!

So I am heading to the Republican caucus Saturday and caucusing for the great hope of a sleep-impaired nation- Rick Santorum.

Or maybe I'll just take a nap.

1 comment:

Busplunge said...

Our household got four (4) urgent messages from Mitt Romney yesterday also.

So did my daughter-in-law.

We were laughing that if the caller id said "private" or "unknown" that it was Mitt.

And yes, we were annoyed.