Friday, April 06, 2012

Hartzler still not sure about President Obama's birth certificate

At a town hall meeting captured on video by Show Me Progress Thursday, Fourth District Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler, shows her questioning whether President Obama was really born in the United States.


The following news release was issued earlier today by Progress Missouri:

It's April 2012, but Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler is still worried that Barack Obama is an illegal immigrant with a forged birth certificate.  Asfirst reported by the Sedalia Democrat, Rep. Hartlzer expressed "a lot of doubts" about the legitimacy of Obama’s birth certificate at a town hall in Sedalia, MO on April 5.  Jerry Schmidt of Show Me Progress has the whole thing on video.  

"You know I have a lot of doubts about all [Obama's birth certificate]....I don’t understand why he didn’t show that right away." When asked to clarify her doubts during press availability after the event, Hartzler said: “I have doubts that it is really his real birth certificate, and I think a lot of Americans do, but they claim it is, so we are just going to go with that.”
Rush transcript: 
HARTZLER: He asked what I think about Obama’s birth certificate being a forgery. Um, you know, I have a lot of doubts about all that. But I don’t know, I haven’t seen it. I’m kinda... I’m just at the same place you are on that. You read this, you read that. But, I don’t understand why he didn’t show that right away. I mean, if someone asked for my birth certificate, I’d get my baby book and hand it out and say ‘Here it is’, so... I don’t know. But, they say that it’s real...

I think the main thing we can do, whether you agree or not, I don’t think that’s the real issue. The real issue is this November... There’s something called an election. You can sue and go to court and try to get him to prove this or that. I think the main thing is just, if you like him go and vote for him in November and if you don’t like him, don’t vote for him. [unintelligible] That's probably the quickest way we can settle this.  
The Sedalia Democrat's summary of Hartzler's birtherism
While most audience questions dealt with fiscal and defense matters, Hartzler also expressed “a lot of doubts” about the legitimacy of Obama’s birth certificate after she was asked her opinion on the issue.

“What do you think about Obama’s birth certificate being called a forgery?” asked a man who identified himself as an Army veteran.

“You know I have a lot of doubts about all that,” she said. “I don’t understand why he didn’t show that right away.”
When asked to clarify her doubts during press availability after the event, Hartzler said: “I have doubts that it is really his real birth certificate, and I think a lot of Americans do, but they claim it is, so we are just going to go with that.”
Unbelievable. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Obama's Momma went to Kenya and had a baby fathered by a Kenyan, does he not have the right to American citizenship and the right to run for President of the United States?