Friday, June 29, 2012

New blog offers one-stop shop for Joplin Tornado books

My new blog, Joplin Tornado Books, offers something that, as far as I can tell, has not existed before- one spot where someone can find books and video about the May 22, 2011, Joplin Tornado, not only including 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado and Spirit of Hope: The Year After the Joplin Tornado, by John Hacker and me, but also the other books that have been published since the day when one-third of this city was destroyed.

Included are books by the Joplin Globe, Kansas City Star, meteorologist Michael Smith, Joplin City Manager Mark Rohr, and even a novel by Julie Jett.

I plan on adding links to other sites that offer information about the tornado and the recovery efforts and will continue to add books and videos as I become aware of them.

No comments: