Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bartelmay debuts as KSN anchor

I would not want to be the one who has to follow Jim Jackson, but KSN appears to have found a veteran newscaster who will be up to the task.

Jackson, of course, has abandoned the world ot TV news after three decades at KSNF, including a sting as both anchorman and news director.

Adam Bartelmay, after a short break from television news for a PR job with the Boise, Idaho, Chamber of Commerce, debuted tonight alongside Toni Valliere. Bartelmay will anchor the one hour newscast at 6 p.m. and the 35 minute 10 p.m. newscast.

Bartelmay was slightly stiff during portions of the just-completed 6 p.m. newscast, which certainly would be expected from someone who has been out of the business for a brief time and not wanting to make any mistakes, but he does have an air of authority and a commanding voice, both of which will suit him well as he competes against veteran Dowe Quick at KOAM.

A larger audience will have a chance to sample the Valliere-Bartelmay team next month when NBC's lackluster evening ratings will improve with its coverage of the Olympics and provide a strong lead-in for KSN's late newscast.

KSN's website offers the following description of Bartelmay:


My broadcasting career began 15 years ago and has taken me to two stations in Michigan and, most recently, I was the main news anchor at KTRV in Boise, Idaho.  I did take a brief break from the broadcasting business to work for the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce as it's Public Relations Director.  But, the news is a big part of my life and I jumped at the opportunity to get back in to work with the group of dedciated journalists here at KSN.  You can see me along side Toni Valliere, Gary Bandy and Eric Knecht on KSN's Hometown News at 6pm and 10pm.
During my time reporting news, I have had the opportunity to cover many great stories.  Two of them, however, stick out in my mind as highlights:  President George W. Bush's visit to Traverse City, Michigan and flying with the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels during Traverse City's National Cherry Festival. 




No comments: