Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Sarah Steelman's final pitch

(This last message to supporters was sent out Monday by the Sarah Steelman campaign.)

For over a year, I’ve traveled across Missouri meeting with families, small business owners, farmers and ranchers, seniors, veterans, and countless others to listen to which issues concern them.

What Missourians told me is that they are concerned about the economy and Washington, D.C.’s unwillingness to tackle the tough issues required to get this economy back on track-- and preserve our freedom and liberties. They are concerned about high taxes and budget busting programs, like ObamaCare, that Washington keeps pushing on Americans. And they are concerned about the job-killing policies of President Obama and his chief ally in the U.S. Senate, Claire McCaskill.

That’s why I’m running for U.S Senate. I believe it’s time to get our country’s budgets under control, stop the rising taxes coming from Washington, and most importantly, repeal ObamaCare, which has added billions of dollars to the federal budget and our record deficits.

Tomorrow, you will make a very important decision: Who will be your Republican candidate for U.S. Senate to run against incumbent Senator Claire McCaskill? I believe I am the strongest candidate against McCaskill, and I humbly ask for your vote.

A lot of candidates talk in vague terms about their plans and refuse to give specific details about how they would vote or what they would do. But that isn't good enough anymore. That’s why I have offered my “Contract with Missouri", which provides specific details and a clear vision of my plans and priorities –and outlines the specific, concrete actions I will take when elected to the U.S. Senate. You will know where I stand.

As the campaign comes to a close, I am more confident than ever that we share the same dreams and hopes for the future. We start by getting federal spending under control and balancing the budget NOW, keeping current tax cuts permanent and implementing a flatter, fairer tax, and changing the way Congress works and making them more accountable. We must repeal and stop excessive regulations, and protect individual rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Nothing less is acceptable if we are to ensure a bright and prosperous future for our children and children yet to be born.

Let’s send a message to Washington and to Congress tomorrow, that we don’t agree with the direction they’re taking our country by electing a conservative, principled leader to the U.S. Senate. One who believes the status quo has got to go and who will fight for the values Missourians hold so dear.

It’s been an honor to visit with so many Missourians during the course of this campaign and I greatly appreciate the support. I humbly ask for your vote tomorrow and I promise no one will work harder for Missouri. No one!

Thank you and God bless, 

No comments: