The regular check of the Amazon.com ranking for books about the Joplin Tornado has both good news and bad news for John Hacker and me.
Our 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado is in second place among the 11 tornado books, while Spirit of Hope: The Year After the Joplin Tornado is mired in ninth and not showing any momentum at all.
As it has been during most of these weekly checks, the Kansas City Star's Joplin 5:41 is in first place. The rankings are printed below:
1. Joplin 5:41 (Kansas City Star) 58,596
2. 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado, Randy Turner and John Hacker 68,715
3. 32 Minutes in May (Joplin Globe) 86,242
4. Singing Over Me, Danielle Stammer, 448,573
5. When the Sirens Were Silent, Mike Smith, 541,046
6. When the Storm Passes, Julie Jett, 604,360
7. Miracle of the Human Spirit, Mark Rohr, 1,006,371
8. 5:22: Stories of Survival, Stories of Faith, Scott Hettinger, 1,187,591
9. Spirit of Hope, Randy Turner and John Hacker 1,657,047
10. Joplin Tornado House of Hope 2,264,391
11. EF-5 at 5:35, Kathryn Sandlin 2,876,415
Amazon ads for several of the books are on the right hand side of this page.