Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gay Missouri veteran appalled at Akin push for bill permitting soldiers to bully gays

(From Progress Missouri)

Mike Evans, a US Army Veteran from Arnold, released the following statement on Rep. Todd Akin's push for a “License to Bully” Amendment for military personnel in the the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act. 

"As an openly gay U.S. Army Veteran, who has experienced first hand the effects of DADT and was forced to end my career in the military and my rare appointment taking me to West Point, I am once again appalled by Todd Akin and his continuing role as a BULLY!

Promoting an agenda of bullying and discrimination amongst the ranks of military is no solution, and no way to move forward.  I challenge Todd Akin to call me or sit down and discuss a little thing I call 'Mainstream America,' because clearly, he doesn't get the program."

Mike Evans
U.S. Army Veteran
Evans served as the President Obama's lead Veteran in Missouri in 2008 and 2012, Recently was named VFW Teacher of the Year and serves as the disability commissioner for the City of Arnold.

No comments: