Monday, December 03, 2012

This isn't a Horny Toad thing, but Peter Kinder wants JoAnn Emerson's seat

Quick clarification- When Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder says he wants JoAnn Emerson's seat, despite his reputation, he is referring to her 8th District Congressional seat, which she is resigning to take a position in the private sector. The news release is printed below.

Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder today issued the following statement on the news of the pending vacancy in the 8th Congressional District:
“I am certainly giving careful thought and consideration to this opportunity to represent the 8th District in Congress. I have long been engaged in federal issues, from the beginning of my career in my hometown of Cape Girardeau heading the first two campaigns for Bill Emerson and working on his staff in Washington to leading the fight against ObamaCare. It would be an honor to serve in Congress. 
While I weigh this decision, I am mindful of the fact I was just re-elected Lieutenant Governor and must consider the people's trust in me to serve in that capacity for the State of Missouri. 
While it would be an honor to serve, this is a committee decision, and over the coming weeks I will be communicating directly to the members to gauge support for my potential candidacy. It is important to let the committee process take its course, and only after talking to committee members will I make a decision on whether to seek the nomination.”

No comments: