Monday, December 10, 2012

Todd Richardson: I'm thinking about running

Todd Richardson, R-Poplar Bluff, says he is considering taking a shot at the 8th Congressional District seat that will be open when JoAnn Emerson's resignation takes effect. His news release is pritned below.


“I congratulate Congresswoman Emerson on her retirement from a long, successful career in Congress.  Missourians throughout the Eighth District will certainly miss her strong leadership, and I wish her nothing but the best in her new endeavor.
Republican leaders and ultimately the voters of Eighth District will be faced with a difficult choice as we select a new Representative in Congress during these challenging economic times.  Though many capable leaders may seek this office, I am honored by the encouragement I've received from across the district to seek this position.  With the prayerful support of my family, friends and supporters, I will explore the possibility of seeking this position, a position that is critical for the future of people across the Eighth District. 
I believe the Eighth District needs a principled fiscal conservative who will fight to balance our budget, protect the right to life, fight for the second amendment, and get the federal government off the backs of farmers, landowners, and small business owners.
In the Missouri House, I've been committed to advancing a true conservative agenda whether by controlling spending, reforming labor laws, protecting animal agriculture or other vital issues.  I’ve sought to listen to and serve my constituents, and maintain a temperament that brings people together to forge conservative solutions to the problems we face.
I look forward to talking to and meeting citizens throughout the Eighth District to share my vision for our country as I make a decision about entering this race.”

No comments: