Friday, January 11, 2013

Todd Richardson joins 8th District contest

(From Rep. Todd Richardson, R-Poplar Bluff)


Today Todd Richardson announces he is formally seeking the nomination for Missouri’s 8th Congressional District.  This announcement comes after announcing his intention to explore the option last month.
“After spending the last few weeks travelling around southeast Missouri and meeting with members of the 8th District Congressional Committee, I have been encouraged by the support I have been receiving.  My wife Amber and I thought long and prayed hard about this decision and we are proud to announce that I am seeking the nomination.” Richardson said. 
Todd continued, “I have spent the last month talking with family, friends and constituents about this decision.  After traveling the district and meeting with dozens of committee members, I have been honored and humbled by the level of support I have received.”
“My father taught me a long time ago not to do anything you weren’t fully committed to and I believe that I am the right candidate for southeast Missouri.  I was born here and raised here and I have a tremendous amount of passion for the 8th congressional district, but mostly, I want my son Sawyer to have the same opportunities that my generation had.  We need more young, aggressive conservatives in Washington fighting to cut spending, defend our family farms and get this country back on the right track.”
Todd is a second term State Representative from Poplar Bluff.  He represents Butler and Dunklin counties in the State Legislature.

No comments: