Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mr. Kelley goes to Washington

In his latest legislative report, Rep. Mike Kelley, R-Lamar, tells readers about his upcoming trip to Washington, D. C.

The Missouri Legislature will be on Spring Break next week and I will be traveling with my family on what I will call a workation?  I will be leaving for Washington D.C. Friday afternoon and have scheduled visits with Congressman Billy Long, Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler, Senator Roy Blunt and Senator Claire McCaskill.  I will be discussing issues and concerns that have been shared with me over this session and previous sessions that have not been fully addressed.  These topics will include: the lack of a federal budget, the need for a balanced budget, the need for food stamp and TANF reform, Education Common Core,  and the infringement on state rights in the areas of the 2nd amendment and the Constitution in general.  I will gladly deliver any emails forwarded to me that you would like me to personally deliver to your United States Representative or Senators about your opinions of these or any other issue.  Please send these to mike.kelley@house.mo.gov 

No comments: