Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Nixon vetoes anti-Sharia law bill

Speaker of the House Tim Jones was in Joplin this week boasting of the successful year the legislature had.

He must have a low threshold for success.

The legislature passed one bill after another designed to play on fear and prejudice.

Since 9-11, one of the easiest targets for legislators wanting to score quick points has been the Islamic community, especially playing on the fear that somehow Sharia law is going to become the norm in Missouri.

Common sense tells us that is not going to happen, but common sense does not play well in Jefferson City.

Gov. Jay Nixon vetoed SB 267 Monday, noting that it would also have wreaked havoc on foreign adoptions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Common sense also says don't secretly tape a meeting when you have been told no recording is allowed.

Anonymous said...

Now that is an example of stunning repartee. That it has nothing to do with the post is beside the point, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

7:00 p.m., I have tried to post that comment on the appropriate places, but it never seems to make it. Maybe too negative? Frankly, I'm surprised it made it here.

Randy said...

You are being less than truthful. If that had been the extent of your comment, it would have been printed. I have no problem with someone expressing an opinion. On the other hand, I would be a stupid person to allow someone to write lies about me on my own blog.

Anonymous said...

I was merely stating my opinion based on your comments. But, it is your blog, you can do or say what you want. Just glad you don't have me to kick around any more.