Monday, August 05, 2013

Let Teachers Teach available at Barnes and Noble

My latest book, Let Teachers Teach, is now available at Barnes and Noble.

The book is a collection of 46 essays about education. A few have been somewhat controversial, including my April essay on why young people should not go into teaching and one written last December in which I addressed growing discipline problems in schools in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting. That essay, which had a link to my novel No Child Left Alive, when it was reprinted on my Room 210 Discussion website, was the pretext used by the Joplin R-8 Administration to fire me in June.

The book also includes a number of more personal essays about my teaching, dealing with the aftermath of the tornado, and some of my students and colleagues.

No comments: