Friday, September 06, 2013

Opposition to Common Core grows

Missouri is featured in a Fox News story about the growing opposition to Common Core Standards:

Gretchen Logue, the 55-year-old, St. Louis mother of a hearing impaired student, started the blog, “Missouri Education Watchdog,” three years ago, and then in 2012 co-founded, “The Missouri Coalition against Common Core.” She says there is great uncertainty over whether Common Core will make the same provisions for learning disabled students as currently in-place standards. 

“There are a lot of children who aren't common, who have special needs or who are gifted, or both. And Common Core raised a lot of red flags for me,” she told FoxNews.com. “There’s a huge fear over this, and I don’t think they thought about these kids when crafting these standards.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While my gut tells me Common Core is not good for students. It's not for the reasons given by some of the parents in the Faux Snooze article. I'm not given to "conspiracy theories" by nature and I'm not buying into those reasons. Granted my son graduated this year but my instincts tell me Common Core is a bad deal.

Kathy Grisham

concerned said...

Trust your instincts... and do your own research - when you have the time...

http://improvingmathed.blogspot.com/2013/01/opposition-to-commoncore-is-not-about.html