Friday, November 01, 2013

First signing for Scars from the Tornado set for Dec. 7 at Vintage Stock

It certainly has taken long enough, but the first signing for Scars from the Tornado: One Year at Joplin East Middle School has been set for 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, December 7, at Vintage Stock on the Mall.

With all of the controversy that surrounded the book earlier this year, I had delayed having the signing though the book was published in March.

Scars features stories that I wrote about my experiences during our first year in the warehouse school, as well as stories and poems written by my students.

I will be contacting people who contributed to the book, so that they can have the experience of being involved in a book signing, something that should have happened months ago.

Copies of 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado, Spirit of Hope, and No Child Left Alive will also be available.

I will have more information in later posts. Hope to see you there!

No comments: