Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sexson to East teachers: I'm not going anywhere; I bought a house

Reinforcing the message he delivered when he called me at home Tuesday morning, East Middle School Principal Bud Sexson, in an e-mail to staff today indicated that when the 2014-2015 school year opens in August, he will still be at the helm.

Sexson, who has been principal at East since 2010, said he not only was not going anywhere, but that he had  just bought a house in the Joplin R-8 School District.

"I have no intention of resigning," Sexson wrote, indicating that his new house was just behind East Middle School and "I intend to walk to work "

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this a threat? Ugh

Anonymous said...

blech

Anonymous said...

He's not going anywhere, but Rohr is. Was Mr. Rohr planning to leave Joplin all along. I would like to know when he applied to League City Texas for the city managers position. Did he know he would get caught doing something wrong and he was trying get out of town before the report came back. And is all this support for him a smokescreen to muddy the facts until he gets the job. If I was on the hiring committee I would want some answers.

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky I got out of the school just as Mr. Mitchell was leaving, I didn't get good vibes from that man whatsoever.