Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Miranda Lewis: I'm overwhelmed and humbled

Newly-elected Joplin City Councilwoman Miranda Lewis issued the following statement on her Facebook page:

I can't begin to describe how I feel tonight. I'm overwhelmed and humbled by the well wishes and the encouragement from friends and family - and even people I don't know. Thank you all for your kind words and support. I love and appreciate you. I would like to make special mention of my committee - without this group of amazing individuals I would have been lost. So, in absence of better words, thank you Allison Craig, Sallie Beard, Brian Broaddus, Hal Robertson, Valerie Horvath Searcy, Tracy Tran Myers, Sarah Duffy McConnell, Ryan Jackson, Mike Moore and last but absolutely not least my amazing husband Aaron Lewis. feelingblessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U got lucky...an opportune time when so many wanted the old council members gone...enjoy your time cuz it won't last

Mike Glodo said...

Congratulations.

And enjoy the brave posting of Anonymous, borderline illiterate comments.