Thursday, May 22, 2014

Joplin documentary to be screened Friday in Mt. Vernon, book signing also set

John Hacker and I will be signing copies of 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado, Spirit of Hope, and Scars from the Tornado before the screening of the Joplin Tornado documentary Steadfast 7 p.m. Friday night at the MARC (Mt. Vernon Arts and Recreation Center).

The following news release was issued by FishXpressions, the film's distributor:

Three years ago today, I was living in Texas watching the news coming from Joplin with a heavy heart. The tornado affected so many people in so many ways. It took all away from some friends except for their hearts, faith, hope and determination to come back stronger. It was a close call with family. I ended up moving back after this and I now work in Joplin. Over the course of the next year and a half I started documenting some amazing happenings and stories. It culminated into a 90 minute documentary called, "Steadfast." It was very much a labor of love. My hope has always been that folks who went through the storm could watch it (even if they are nervous to do so) and come out encouraged by it (even healed a little). Some have said as much. Also, through "Steadfast" I wanted to honor not just the resilient people of Joplin, but also the many volunteers who came to help. "Steadfast" is my tribute.

Steadfast Documentary Trailer from fishxpressions on Vimeo.

No comments: