Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Turner Report exclusive: Councilman's dog: Joplin Globe wanted me to wear a wire

It took a police video and a hard-hitting investigation by the area's newspaper of record, the Joplin Globe, to get the goods on Joplin City Councilman Ben Rosenberg and his faithful lap dog.

The Globe came up with the information through a Sunshine Law request.

I received a call moments ago from someone close to the situation. At first, there was something of a language barrier.

"Woof."

That was me. I was surprised when the caller answered in kind. "Woof."

"Whoa! I need a translator," I said, since I only know one word in that language.

"It's all right. I speak English," the caller said, then identified himself as someone who knows Councilman Ben Rosenberg.

My interest was growing. "How do you know him?

"Let's just they say, I have sat on his lap a time or two."

I couldn't believe my luck. An interview with a key participant in the September citation that has become page one news in the Joplin Globe.

"How do I know it's you?" I asked.

"Who else do you know who goes around talking about sitting in Ben Rosenberg's lap?"

The dog had me there.

"Woof."

"Beg pardon?"

"Sorry, I slip into the old language sometimes," the dog said.

After that, my caller shocked me with a sordid story about what had happened after the first time the police had stopped Councilman Rosenberg with him on the councilman's lap.

"They let him off with a warning," the dog said. "He called me "Good Dog," so I knew he had already been checking up on me." The dog continued, "After that, it was only a few days before I received a call from a Joplin Globe editor."

"A Joplin Globe editor?"

"She wanted me to wear a wire. I told her no way. I'm nobody's lapdog...well I am Councilman Rosenberg's lapdog, but that's different."

"So you turned them down flat?"

There was a hesitation.

"You did turn them down, didn't you?" I asked.

"I hate to admit this, but I almost did it."

"What made you change your mind?"

"She offered me a free subscription. I may go on it, but you will never catch me reading it."
***




Payment Options




Support the Turner Report








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy, Thanks for the story and your apology. By the way everyone can be assured my owners put flea medicine on me. Wooof!
Say, would you like a picture of me???

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR TAKE ON THIS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The globe editor should be an expert on lap dogs- she was rohrs lapdog for 9 years.

Anonymous said...

This Rosenberg stuff indicates Stark's still giving Rohr a lap dance even after he's long gone.