Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I refused to sign the City of Joplin audit petition

The door-to-door campaign to garner enough signatures for a petition state uadit of the City of Joplin is still underway and I can tell you where at least one of the petition gatherers is- just across from me at my apartment complex.

He knocked on my door a few minutes ago and asked if I wanted to sign.

"I'm afraid I  am not going to be able to do that," I said.

"May I ask why not?"

"They don't allow you to sign the petitions twice."

He seemed to like that answer and cheerfully headed toward my neighbor's apartment.

I signed the petitions for both the City of Joplin and the Joplin R-8 School District when they first arrived at Millennium Fitness. With so much money going through the city and school district, now is the right time to determine if it has been spent properly.

1 comment:

Proud Petition signer said...

Awesome!!!!!