Sunday, September 14, 2014

Auditors have evidence Joplin principal asked teachers to lie about attendance

Documented evidence has been sent to Missouri state auditors showing that a principal at one of the schools in the Joplin R-8 School District ordered teachers to lie about attendance.

School districts receive money from the state based on the number of students who are attending classes. Attendance is also one of the factors considered by the state when it is giving school districts their annual performance ratings.

Since the source who gave the information to the auditors is still in the system and could suffer retaliation, no specifics will be given here about which school it was.

The information was presented to the auditors in the principal's own words.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that to be a factvat Irving. My child missed over 30 days due to illness. I never oncecwas spoke to nor did I revieve a letter from the school. In Dr. Forts last year, my child missed five days and she sike with me plus I recieved a letter by mail. Furtermore, once it hit ten days tbe juvinile officer contacted me! I had doctor notes but she was nit happy my child was missing.
At the end of the school year, the report card showed less than ten days. My child was hospitalized for 11 and was home a full week before that. So yes, NILA VANCE, principal at IRVING lies and fakes documents. I have proof of this if you would like it!

Anonymous said...

4:56 - You could use some more school yourself. It's obvious you were absent when they covered spelling.....

Anonymous said...

Her spelling might be off but know also her facts are correct. I dont know about the principal making the errors and forcing teachers to lie. but, my childs report card was NOT accurate. It said 1.5 days and she missed over a week. I didnt Think much about it at the time but seriously wondering how i can bring my concerns to the auditor on This one.

kitty chiwawa said...

3:20 - I think those are mostly typos...

Anonymous said...

Well spelling is a non-negotiable in Joplin.

Anonymous said...

Mine missed over a month total due to a surgery, the absence report says 17 days... Hmmm