Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Joplin Globe columnist: C. J. Huff is not my friend; we just talk

In a comment posted today on a recent blog entry, blogger and frequent Joplin Globe guest columnist Anson Burlingame set the record straight about his relationship with Joplin R-8 Superintendent C. J. Huff:

I am not CJ Huff’s FRIEND in any way. We talk, maybe once every three months, about problems related to public education. Essentially every “gripe” I have raised in multiple blogs have been expressed to him, face to face, for several years now. Rarely do we disagree on the problems, but how to correct such problems, well we for sure don’t always agree. They are “professional” conversations, not friendly chats and I withhold no punches and he speaks clearly back to me as well, and privately.

I do the same with the President of the BOE. Whoever that official might be, I send him or her emails from time to time, expressing my concerns about particular issues. Some engage back to me and others ignore me or just respond with a “thank you for your interest” type response.
Another burning issue resolved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lived my whole life in Joplin and never heard of Burlingame. Who is this guy?

Anonymous said...

The most effective way for Anson to help education is to stay as far away from it as he can. He helps in the same way that the standardized test and assessment moneymakers help public schools.

Anonymous said...

Burlingame is a royal douche

Anonymous said...

The question Anson should be asking himself: Am I a Turner Tool? You don't need to be a friend to get-r-dun.

Anonymous said...

Is Anson trying to create distance while still keeping CJ appeased? CJ is, after all, his only consistent reader. Maybe he can find a place to keep reading from jail so Anson won't lose his readership.