Thursday, September 04, 2014

Video- John Jungmann: I'll roll up my sleeves and work with my teachers

KOLR News is taking a look at new Springfield Superintendent John Jungmann, a Lamar High School graduate, who has also been superintendent at Monett and Liberty. The report begins with an examination of his management style:

Chad Mira, KOLR10: "Now, you have been in education for several years now, most recently in Liberty. How's your experience at superintendent there transferred over to your approach here in Springfield?"

Dr. John Jungmann: "Well, my career has kind of been a progression from small to large districts. From Monett, which was a great small town community of 10 years and Liberty for two years before coming to Springfield, so each of those jobs have helped me lay a foundation. I tell you, Monett, laid a foundation of being able to touch every facet of an education organization. When you are in a small town superintendent, you get to know all different aspects. Liberty, I got to understand what it meant to manage a larger system and lead a community through some change and now that's just transferring to Springfield, as I get to understand the culture of SPS and this larger leadership team, larger faculty and larger community."

Brett Martin, KOLR10:"Now, do you have anything, maybe you can say up your sleeve, to help strengthen those communities with the schools that belong within the community?"

Dr. John Jungmann: "Its not a magic trick really, its just about collaboration. I don't think there is any something that I can pull out of my sleeve. It is really just get to know your community, roll up your sleeves and get to the hard work with your teachers, with your community leaders and with your administrators, and with your parents and kids, to see where we can go from here and it starts with a collaborative culture."

No comments: