Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Burlingame: I'm not anybody's puppet; C. J. Huff told me so

In a blog post from earlier this week, frequent Joplin Globe guest columnist Anson Burlingame declares that he has a thick skin and nothing that is said by the evil Randy Turner or the anonymous commenters on his blog has any effect on him.

Of course, then he spent paragraph after paragraph....after paragraph after paragraph, showing exactly the opposite, including this choice passage:

Turner believes that he can gain information about “Huff’s next move” from reading my blog. He is wrong as what I write is my ideas of what should be done, not the views of Dr. Huff. Turner also believes that by publishing what I write simply confirms just how stupid, arrogant, you name it I appear to be. So he publishes my views from time to time on his blog to simply to attempt to show how stupid I might be, etc. Of course the vast majority of his anonymous supporters agree entirely.

Then however I have people come up to me, face to face, people I don’t know as friends. They encourage me to “keep writing”, believe that what I write publicly lends insights to their own views, etc.

So who to believe comes into question. I answer that question to myself with a simple answer. I must do the hard work on my own to reach various conclusions to offer ideas and then have the courage of my own convictions to write publicly on such matters. When I hit “send” I believe what I so send to be published, publically. Some will agree and some will disagree. So what as it is what I believe and for whatever reason, ego being part of it I suppose, I chose to share it, publicly.

One thing I have learned, a lot, in six or so years of public writing, is the extraordinary divide in American politics today. It is one thing to debate ideas. It is an entirely different matter to try to diminish the person with such ideas.

Good thing Anson has a thick skin.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need something like a "Not the Onion" graphic. It could lead to a collection of the comments and posts like this one.

Anonymous said...

Anson and CJ must have attended the same grammar school. Neither of them are able to construct A grammatically correct sentence that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

Wow...he really is full of himself.
And clueless as far as R8.

Anonymous said...

If Mr. Burlingame thinks he has anywhere near the number of supporters that Mr. Turner has, he is sadly mistaken. As his blog shows, he also is sadly mistaken if he thinks he has anywhere near the influence, the writing ability, or the integrity Mr. Turner has. The following line is not original, but when it comes to a battle of wits between Randy Turner and Anson Burlingame, Mr. Burlingame is only half-equipped.

They both are tards said...

Both Turner and Ants-son are tards. Antsson is a "yes-tard" to who-ever is in power, and as a lackey has finished full retirement with one employer.

Turner is a more narcissistic tard and has been detected and booted out by all of his past employers and then blacklisted in his field by all employers who have been warned.

So the Turner-tard is a chickenhead, ever quick to do something stupid quickly while the Antsson-tard is a real slow tard that everyone sees cummin' and steps around.

The quick clown Turner-tard jumped over the dumb stooopid Antsson-tard.

Both of them are tards, as are theys' addlepated tard followers.

Anonymous said...

11:05 pm

I assume you are not using the term "Tard" as a form of the disparaging term for those with intellectual disabilities. Surely you are attempting to employ this word as simple slang for people whom you find to lack credibility, morals, and plain old good sense.

Perhaps it has escaped your attention that the manner in which you argue, and limit yourself to one or two adjectives, tends to ascribe these very characteristics to yourself.

This is not a criticism, but rather some friendly advice from a devoted fan.

Dr. Bottomfeeder Turnertard

Anonymous said...

Antson:

No one is saying you are CJ's puppet; but, he asked me if you would continue to check your stool for his wristwatch.

Thanks,
Kelli

It's Me Agin, Turner-tards said...

Dear Doktard Bottom-feeder Turner-tard:

I'd say that you are a higher functioning Turner-tard. Or at least functioning enough to understand that when I'm taking about tards that it means you. Some of you Turner-tards are even sorta smart enough to rate as half a mattoid. Which is better than them Ants-son-tards, who are bred not only for stupidity but for witless loyalty as cannon-fodder.

When CJ Huff says "jump" them Hufftards say, "how high?" Antsson goes so far as to think that the latest word from Der Huffifer is as same as the Word of D-g, but that as a Hufftard that Antsson actually thought it up and is a sort of Moses passing it on, along with Der Huffifer's watch.

Just remember that the Fear of the Fearless Leader is the beginning of whizzdumb, cum-cum, cum-cum.

You being a doktard and edjewmacated and all means that you are the Foremost of the Turner-tards and stuff. Don't let any of us skeptics who think less of Randy sneak in any stray thoughts past you, Moan Doktard Botton-feeder Turner-tard.

Mind over matter. When you have no mind it do not matter.

Anonymous said...

If reading this blog is the sole qulification to be considered a Turnertard. Does that mean 7:54pm (Uncle Remus) counts himself among our ranks. If so, welcome. If not, what additional criteria must be met?

Anonymous said...

Dear 7:54 pm:

Thank you for your well thought out and delivered response. Your concern for my myopic worldview, as being shaped solely by Mr. Turner, is very touching. I sense that there is a great deal of love and compassion in your heart. You obviously care very deeply about others. You seem intent on offering an alternative perspective, independent of those offered by Turner, his readers, and his detractors.

Please accept this cyber-hug, and know that you are not alone in your frustration at the willingness of some to blindly follow anyone. Keep them flying. The banners of discontent. Perhaps your voice of reason will save us all.

Your friend,

Dr. Bottomfeeder Turnertard