Friday, November 14, 2014

Kim Vann quits, leaves R-8 position to pursue C. J. Huff's vision

Joplin R-8 School District Director of Community Development  Kim Vann is out the door.

Vann, who allegedly has been putting in 20 hours a week as CEO of Bright Futures USA, the not-for-profit that purportedly has always been a totally separate entity from Bright Futures Joplin, will now be the full-time Bright Futures USA CEO.

She announced her departure, effective today in the following Facebook message:

Bittersweet day...today was my last day as a Joplin Schools employee. I walked out of my office feeling very excited yet a bit sad. I will miss many people but at the same time I am so excited for the next chapter of my life!

Five years ago this week I interviewed for an exciting new job. I cannot thank Dr. C. J. Huff enough for choosing me to implement the vision he had to develop a community engagement and communications program for the school district.

I had no idea just how exciting and challenging it would be and couldn't even imagine the journey our team was about to travel. I am so proud of the work we've done.

However, I feel like my part of that work has been completed and feel confident in passing it to my very capable team who will continue to carry on what we started.

I have been presented another amazing opportunity that will allow me to spend more time with my family while serving many more children and communities.

After careful consideration and much prayer, I realized it was time to follow my heart and pursue thsi opportunity.

Monday morning, I begin as the full time Bright Futures USA Executive Director. I'm so excited to see where this organization goes.

We currently have 32 affiliate communities in six different states that serve nearly 150,000 children. Thank you to each and every one of you who have been a part of traveling this journey with me!

A lot of people are scrambling to get out of here before the audit results are revealed.
***
Please consider helping the Turner Report/Inside Joplin blogs keep on top of Joplin and area news by subscribing. The cost is $1 per week, $3 per month, or $30 per year. You can find a subscription button on the upper right hand side of this page or mail a check to 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin MO 64801. Thanks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay Nixon is a politician who sees an opportunity to use a fellow political wannabe for political purposes.

The auditors office is part of state government.

Don't be surprised if the audit holds CJ up as the posterboy of propriety, he is rewarded with an even more powerful position, and the BOE appoints someone more ridiculously unqualified than Huff.

Mark this post....and welcome to the real world.

Randy said...

You're off base on this one. The auditor's office is part of state government, but in fact, it has been a thorn in the side of Jay Nixon. I would say the departure of Kim Vann, the apparently impending departure of C. J. Huff and last year's resignation by Angie Besendorfer are all signs that the audit results are not going to be pretty. That being said, I can see C. J. landing some powerful, or at least high-salaried position. Being inept and corrupt has seldom held anyone back in the political world.

Anonymous said...

Vann has no business in a leadership position she cannot even balance her own checkbook she is a lazy woman who milked the Joplin chamber for several years she got hubby the downtown traffic cop job I am sure you have seen him he is hard to miss I was coming out of Newton's jewelry one day and he was writing a ticket and dropped his pen and asked me if I would pick it up for him

Anonymous said...

When Bright Futures started, it was awesome. Kids and families were able to get things they needed very quickly.

The community became much more aware of what teachers have known for a long time--our kids are living in great need.

I also believe it was a huge help after the tornado. If nothing else, we already had a system that could identify and meet needs.

After the tornado is when things changed. The corruption exploded. Huff and his team began to twist and destroy R8 and contrary to what they want to say, it wasn't about the kids anymore.

I still think Besendorfer began the corruption but when she wasn't going to be the super, she left. She left her minions behind to continue the desecration she began. Huff was right in with that. He has added toadies to the mix and continued to eliminate good people.

Until there is NO trace of Besendorfer, Huff, Orem, Vann, Smith, Stevens, Doshier, and those other directors and TLC people they hired and or brainwashed, R8 will continue to be a wretched place to work and go to school.

Anonymous said...

Might want to check out how long Bright Futures USA has had a lease agreement with MSBA in Columbia---I heard since July 2014. Things have been in the works since then; not sure why they waited to announce now.

Anonymous said...

One down Yeah. Who cares where she went she's gone

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a photo of Billy Long
CJ Huff, Mike Johnson, and Km Vann all standing together in a buffet line.

Anonymous said...

I was told she was only got the position because she is one of Landis pets. I know she can NOT be trusted. She will be the first to throw people under the bus to save herself.