Tuesday, November 18, 2014

School parking lots snow covered while R-8 Admin building completely cleared

Parents dropping their children off at least some Joplin R-8 schools Monday morning had to contend with slick. snow-covered surfaces.

Meanwhile, those arriving at the Administration Building at 32nd and Duquesne were greeted by a parking lot that was cleared so completely that if there hadn't been snow patches by the building you would never have known that the first blast of the winter season had been fired Sunday.

And it's not because the Highway Department owns the building.

I received complaints from numerous parents Monday, with all of them telling me that the parking lots at their schools, and those included the high school, East Middle School, and four elementary schools, appeared to have had no work done on them.

One East Middle School parent left the following comment on a Turner Report post:

I have a problem. I was taking my child to school at East Middle School this morning & as soon as you turned on the drive way entrance it is covered with ice. The whole thing, from where the buses go at the front and the car riders in the back. It was clearly obvious that nothing had been done since the snow stopped early yesterday afternoon to prepare the roads & parking lot on the school grounds for safe arrival this morning. 

I personally don't mind the extra taxes & money spent on all the new schools BUT for crying out loud at least spend a few more hundred dollars and pay for snow removal!!!

I was so upset with lack of care or concern I called the administration office and asked to speak to Dr. CJ Huff and guess what the receptionist tells me...he didn't show up today but that she would be more than happy to transfer me to his secretary. Needless to say I hung up! What good would it be to leave a message with her! ? So my message could sit on a desk for a day. No thanks! At least if you're not going to be there at your job where your responsible for our children at least have competent people in place & things being taken care of! !

Where C. J. Huff was yesterday I am not certain. Today, he is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the 2014 Joint Conference of the Saskatchewan School Boards Association, the Saskatchewan Association of School Business Officials, and the League of Educational Administrators, Directors, and Superintendents of Saskatchewan at the Saskatoon TCU Place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to pick my child up at the HS Monday. She slipped on the ice coming to the car and nearly fell.
How much would that have cost an already bankrupt school district, eh CJ?

Thank God it's all FOR THE KIDS, right?

Anonymous said...

I watched to slip and falls in less than 5 minutes at my child's school.

Anonymous said...

Doesnt matter if you call or email him, he never takes calls and the email comes back as undeliverable and thats using the email link off the website. Bunch of crap!

Anonymous said...

A few years ago I drove by the Roi Wood building when it was Admin. It was around 3:00 am, and there were several workers blowing snow dust off of the steps with leaf blowers. There was no white on the ground, just a barely visible coat of snow dust.

I later asked one of the crew what that was all about. He said "Mike Johnson always sends us here first. Every building in the district can crumble to tbe ground as long as we keep Admin happy."

He told me of another time when it actually did snow. Mike Johnson told the crew at Kelsey Norman "hurry up and get this plowed up before it melts." He said this us why no one in support services has any respect for Johnson. He is a moron that knows how to suck up to Huff. He has no knowledge of building trades, and just bullies everyone. The ones who keep their jobs just smile, do it the right way, and then tell him what he wants to hear.