Monday, March 02, 2015

State Board President: Schweich had deep concerns about education

In this KOLR report, Peter Herschend, Silver Dollar City co-owner and president of the State Board of Education, talks about the death of his friend, State Auditor Thomas Schweich:

Herschend says over the last few weeks he had also talked with the State Auditor on the phone.

"They were on matters of deep concern about education," says Herschend. "This is Schweich’s voice, 'help me understand about something in education, help me understand what this means, help me understand how this helps kids."

"We talked about family, we talked about his coin collection... we talked about all those things," he says, "none of them pointing in the direction of self-inflicted."

"I don't understand that, and I don't think I ever will," says Herschend.


No comments: