Sunday, September 27, 2026

Joplin Writers' Faire set for Saturday, October 3

 I'll be among 50 authors who will be at the 10th annual Joplin Writers' Faire 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, October 3, at the Joplin Public Library.

I haven't seen the list of writers who will be there, but I know it includes Nancy Hughes, whose devotional columns appear regularly on the Turner Report, Larry Wood, a longtime author of books on local and regional history, and former Carthage Press reporter Rebecca Haines with her fantasy novels.

I''ll have copies of my latest book, When Jesse James Came to Pineville, available along with my recent books Sharing Memories with My Friends, Justice for Rowan Ford, Running Circles Around the Globe: Twenty Years of the Turner Report, Only in Lamar Missouri: Harry Truman, Wyatt Earp and Legendary Locals and the 10th anniversary edition of 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado, which I co-wrote with John Hacker.

For the first time in a couple of years, my 2019 book The Buck Starts Here: Harry S. Truman and the City of Lamar will be available.






I also have a special deal- my 2015 book Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud: Greed, Corruption and the Joplin Tornado, which detailed the problems facing Joplin city government and the Joplin R-8 School District from May 22, 2011 through the years after the tornado and normally costs $20, will be available for $5, if you buy any of my other books,.

I'll have more information later this week.


No comments: