Thursday, September 04, 2008

McCain in the role he probably should have had eight years ago

In my life no success has come without a good fight," John McCain said before praising those who opposed im in the primaries. "Their support is an honor I won't forget."

McCain then surprised by saying he was grateful to the president of the United States "for leading us in the dark days" after 9-11. After that, the Arizona senator praised Laura Bush, George H. W. and Barbara Bush, and the members of the McCain family.

"I can't imagine a life without the happniess you have given me."

About his wife, he said, "She is more my inspiration than I am hers.
"I know she will make a great First Lady."

McCain talked about the strength of character of his mother, Roberta McCain. "She doesn't want me to say this, but she's 96 years young."

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I supported McCain in 2000...I never wanted Bush. Not then, not now. Bush is the singular reason I dumped the Republican party in 2004.