This week featured some types of stories that have become staples of this blog since it started 14 years ago, including an investigation into the circumstances that led convicted killer Bobby Bourne to be free instead of behind bars when he murdered 12-year-old Adriaunna Horton of Golden City, the federal grand jury indictment of former Joplin pediatric surgeon Dr. Guy Rosenschein (a year and a half the Turner Report has covered this and as far as I can tell not one word has appeared in the Globe) and updates on the court cases of Jalen Vaden, Chris Montz and Edward Meerwald.
The Globe reported today on the filing of charges against Meerwald after the Turner Report had carried three posts in the two weeks since Meerwald's arrest.
As you can tell by looking at the list, this news operation is firmly focused on bringing you news that you will not get elsewhere, an interesting mixture of news and commentary and last, but not least, free obituaries.
As always, thanks to those of you who subscribed or made contributions this week. I will continue to do my best to live up to your faith in me.
If you have not contributed and you value the news and commentary in the Turner Report, Inside Joplin and Inside Joplin Obituaries, you can subscribe or make a contribution at the PayPal buttons below the links or send your contribution to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801.
The Turner Report
1. Accused road rage killer to wear civilian clothes, no shackles during preliminary hearing
2. Federal grand jury indicts former Joplin pediatric surgeon on 16 counts of distributing, possessing child porn
3. New motions in Jayda Kyle murder case ask for mother's phone, Facebook records, bond reduction for accused killer
4. Adriaunna Horton killer pleads guilty to escape death penalty, sentenced to life without parole
5. Only charge McDonald County prosecutor filed against Meerwald is misdemeanor speeding
6. New Cecil Floyd assistant principal is Lamar native, former Carl Junction teacher
7. Trump bypasses Janet Kavandi, nominates former lobbyist for NASA deputy administrator
8. Mueller witch hunt strikes again- 12 Russian military officers indicted for interfering with 2016 presidential election
9. McDonald County prosecuting attorney files felony DWI charge against Meerwald
10. Despite special prosecutor circling in, Seventh District Congressman completely supports the president
1. Search warrant leads to drug confiscation, arrest of Galena man and Large woman
2. Suspect hospitalized, charged with felony stealing after confrontation with Joplin police at 7th Street Wal-Mart
3. Autopsy determines no foul play in death of man found at I-44/49 interchange, body identified
4. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
5. Nine people, including seven Carthage residents injured in five-vehicle crash
6. Highway Patrol Arrests July 10-11
7. MODOT workers find body at I-44/49 interchange, Joplin Police, Highway Patrol investigating
8. Newton County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
9. Autopsy scheduled for body found by MODOT workers at I-44/49 interchange
10. Joplin Police Department Arrests July 12-13
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. Noah Donahue
2. Elaine Shewmake
3. Deborah Howard
4. Katrina Barnes
5. Jeff Doty
6. Timothy Smith
7. Charles Byrd
8. Theodore Tatman
9. Charlotte Scheurich
10. Hippie Murphy