Friday, February 27, 2004

Another week of school is finished and it was a pretty good one, except for this nagging toothache I have had.
All of the Holocaust research project has been completed except for the final draft. I spent the last two days listening to my communication arts students giving oral reports and making multi-media presentations over the Holocaust. I can almost tell you the complete Anne Frank story word for word from memory.
***
The writing contest begins next week with a total of $100 worth of cash prizes available to sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. I have to get the guidelines typed and have copies made over the weekend.
***
Next week, in addition to the writing contest, the communication arts students will finish the final drafts of their research papers. The advanced class will also begin writing news stories for room210.com The students, under the direction of Sarah McDonough, were given their assignments today. They seem to be excited about it. I'm eager to see what they come up with.
***
Wildcat Central seems to have taken off again. I have been getting about double the traffic on the website lately, primarily due to the levy issue and the shenanigans the Diamond R-4 superintendent has been pulling almost on a daily basis. We are preparing for the annual Scholastic Book Fair next week at South. When I think about that, I am reminded that Diamond's forward thinking superintendent tried to close the new middle school library before it even opened three years ago, even though the Middle School Student Council had collected more than 1,000 books in a book drive. Thank God they gave those kids a library...though I wouldn't guarantee how long they will have one.

No comments: