Monday, February 28, 2005

Neosho Daily News Managing Editor and General Manager Buzz Ball was kind enough to fill me in today about his trip to Roggen, Colo., to see the illustrious House No. 6, the revolutionary way of taking care of chicken odor which should keep any Neosho resident from being worried about any potential problems that could be caused by Moark's upcoming expansion.
"I flew out there and back on Wednesday, Feb. 9, I was given the opportunity to see the plant first-hand," Ball wrote.
He added, "Nothing in that story was from a press release. All was original from me based on interview and first-hand experience. Plus,all the photos were taken by me."
Ball said, "We flew out from KCI on Frontier Airlines at approximately 10:30 a.m. and returned that evening about 6:45 p.m., I think. So it was a very long day."
I appreciate The Daily's help in clearing the air about the House No. 6 story. It is good that the Neosho Daily News and Liberty Group Publishing were willing to foot the bill to allow the Daily to be able to investigate first-hand a subject of great importance to many readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, I have to agree and disagree... I wish our local media could be more un-biased, but they really can not, not if they want to make a living that is. Local media is too dependent on local advertising and if you piss off the wrong people (especially in a small town) you could loose a lot of $$$. I didn't realize that until I started NeoshoForums.com and found I couldn't find any advertisers/sponsors.

I have a lot of respect for some of the guys over @ the NDN, even if they sold out to keep their families fed and a roof over their heads.