Friday, July 29, 2011

Steelman pitch for money: McCaskill is reckless


In her latest pitch for contributions, U. S. Senate candidate Sarah Steelman defends her dedication to smaller government and accuses her potential general election opponent next year Claire McCaskell of reckless actions.

Claire McCaskill and the Senate’s Democrat majority have repeatedly rejected solutions to our debt problems. The spokesperson for Missouri’s Democrat party labeled my commitment to fiscal discipline "recklessness." I am, and will remain, dedicated to a constitutional amendment that limits the government’s ability to take away your money and our freedom. We will not see American jobs return until political leaders understand that government spending does NOT create jobs — people do. My dedication to smaller government is responsible. This is what I consider reckless:

A concerned Missourian recently shared the contents of Senator McCaskill’s response to his encouragement of fiscal discipline. Here is what McCaskill said:

“Americans have made it clear that they want the federal government to reduce spending. I agree and have made fiscal responsibility a centerpiece of my Senate service since the day I arrived.”

Really? The truth is McCaskill’s actions are much different than her rhetoric:
•She voted for Obamacare which raises taxes by $569.2 billion and increases the deficit by $1 trillion.
•She voted for an $830 Billion failed stimulus.
•Since McCaskill took office she has voted for runaway government spending raising the deficit from $342 billion in 2007 to $1.6 TRILLION in 2011.
•McCaskill has voted to raise the debt ceiling five times in the five years that she has been in office.
McCaskill’s actions are, in one word — RECKLESS.

Please work with me to return real fiscal responsibility to Congress, responsibility supported by action, not hollow words. I can’t do this alone; I need your votes and support. You can help America get back on track; call your friends and discuss my positions with them. Every vote matters! Every donation brings us closer to our shared goal of returning fiscal discipline to D.C., and you can help me get to Washington by clicking here to donate $25 today.

Thank you for joining our Fight for Freedom!

No comments: