The Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney's office charged a Pierce City woman with five felonies following an August 10 traffic stop.
The initial court appearance for Jamie Leigh Earp (DOB 1985) on three counts of endangering the welfare of a child and single counts of possession of a controlled substance and aggravated fleeing is scheduled for 9 a.m. October 1.
Earp is also charged with a misdemeanor, possession of drug paraphernalia.
From the probable cause statement:
On August 10, 2026, at approximately 21:19 hours while on patrol in the area of Commercial St andLawrence 2230, a black Chevy Silverado traveled into my west bound lane traveling east almost causing a head on collision with my patrol car.
I activated my emergency lights and siren to initiate a traffic stop on the vehicle. The vehicle fled at a high rate of speed and refused to stop. A pursuit ensued with speeds reaching up wards of 80 - 90 miles an hour, failing to stop at multiple stop signs along the way as well as failing to maintain its lane. The vehicle finally came to a stop at Wallaby and Gum Road in Newton County. The driver later identified as Jamie Earp, began to run east into a field with 3 juveniles.
I ordered Jamie to stop and placed her in custody. Two juveniles came back to the car and later a third
juvenile came back and admitted to being in the car. Earp advised that she was revoked and that there
was a “dirty pipe” in the center console.
I ordered Jamie to stop and placed her in custody. Two juveniles came back to the car and later a third
juvenile came back and admitted to being in the car. Earp advised that she was revoked and that there
was a “dirty pipe” in the center console.
After retrieving the pipe, I discovered a pill bottle with a baggie I discovered a pill bottle with a baggie
located in the vehicle with the pipe where Earp said it would be.
located in the vehicle with the pipe where Earp said it would be.
After checking the pill bottle, I located a baggie containing a crystal substance. Through my training and experience I associate the substance with methamphetamine. The substance was later field tested and gave a positive indication for methamphetamine.
The case was investigated by the Pierce City Police Department.

No comments:
Post a Comment