Sunday, October 02, 2005

Diamond R-4 officials block Wildcat Central

I have been told by parents and teachers in the Diamond R-4 School District that my old website, Wildcat Central, has been blocked by school officials so that it cannot be accessed on district computers.
While I am not surprised that they think it is offensive, it remains an educationally valid website with a links page designed for student research. The only item I have placed on the website over the past year has been a mention of the publication of "Small Town News."
Of course, some people have continued to use the comments section of my poll (which also has not been updated) to address school issues, and many of those comments are critical of Superintendent Mark Mayo's administration.
I am curious as to whether my other websites have also been blocked. These include, of course, this site, my Room 210 website, and Room 210 Discussion, a site which allows teens to read (something which should definitely be encouraged) articles from national and regional sources about issues that concern them; and of course, the Small Town News website.
If someone knows, please leave a message on the comments or send me an e-mail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy,

What exact reason are they giving for blocking your website? And, I’d also be interested if that school system bans this website:

Underground History of American Education
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/historytour/history1.htm

Regards,

MJ Taylor
Publisher
from Reason to Freedom
http://www.ReasonToFreedom.com

Randy said...

I haven't heard any exact reason given, though I would imagine it has something to do with the superintendent's continuing efforts to eliminate any criticism of anything he does.

Anonymous said...

He is an imcompetent moron who gives himself the title "DR" Mayo. However, he has not completed his doctorate. All he has is his law degree - a jurisdoctorate. I don't know of any lawyer that uses the title of DR! Just shows how unethical he is. He fits right into that school district, has the school board wrapped around his little finger, and he will remain there for years to come.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Randy, Neosho Schools have blocked access to one of my sites, NeoshoForums.com, for the past couple of years... And I feel it is extreme censorship.

- Jack D. (ADMIN@NEOSHOFORUMS.COM)