Saturday, October 22, 2005

"Turner Report' featured in Joplin Globe article


The Turner Report and "Small Town News" are featured in an article that will run in the Sunday Joplin Globe and is already posted on the Globe's internet site. I was interviewed last Monday by the Globe's investigative writer Max McCoy, and his article, as usual, is accurate and even involves a scoop about The Turner Report, though for some odd reason, the name of the blog is not mentioned in the story, nor is there a mention about how someone could get hold of the book. (Hopefully, both of those things are remedied in the print version.)
According to McCoy's article, KSNF anchor Tiffany Alaniz (pictured) said she did not write the response to my criticism of her 5 p.m. news program "Life with Gary and Tiffany." I have always had a high regard for her integrity (if not her 5 p.m. program), so I will be making some revisions on the post and I offer my apologies for any damage its remaining presence on the blog may have caused.
Now for one more comment: Why in the world does the Globe have its investigative writer doing articles on ghosts and schoolteacher/bloggers when there is so much in this area that needs to be investigated?
Whatever the answer to that question may be, I do appreciate the article.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

article link works, Sunday globe does not. FYI

Randy said...

Thanks. I removed the link.

Anonymous said...

Randy, how much of the comment, "The Joplin Independent carries a variety of area news stories, but has so far found no voice for political commentary" is yours? If you were quoted by McCoy correctly, then I suggest that you re-visit the JI.

Randy said...

None of that comment was mine. In fact, our discussion was almost entirely about blogs. When I said that there were no other blogs that carried political content, I did say that there were sites such as Neosho Forums, Lamarmo.com, and the Joplin Independent that offer a forum for local commentary. I have always been supportive of the other non-traditional media and that support will continue.