Monday, May 30, 2022

Pottorff named news director at KSN-KODE, Beard takes Pennsylvania job


Bobbie Pottorff, (first from left) who has been station manager and creative services director at KGCS at Missouri Southern State University since February 2021, will start a new job in June.

According to a post on her Facebook page, Pottorff, who previously served as assignment editor at KOAM, is returning to television news as news director at KODE/KSNF.







In two short weeks I will begin a new chapter in my life. Actually, you could say I’m reopening an old chapter in my life. I will be the News Director for KSN 16 and KODE 12 here in Joplin. 
My time at KGCS-TV at Missouri Southern State University was brief, but really wonderful. I am grateful to Ward H. Bryant and Chad Stebbins for thinking of me when Judy Stiles retired. 
I started my television news career at KSN way back in the day. There are still a number of familiar faces here, and everyone has welcomed me with open arms. We are going to do great things.

Pottorff will replace Leisha Beard, who will take over as news director at the Nexstar station in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Beard has been the news director for both stations since 2010, guiding them through coverage of the May 22, 2011 Joplin Tornado

From her biography on Four States Home Page:

(S)he has led the team through many changes and additions to the stations broadcasts such as the creation of a lifestyles show called Living Well.

An innovator in digital media, Leisha has been instrumental in driving audience engagement and increasing the stations profile across multiple platforms. Her station has received several awards from the Missouri Association of Broadcasters and Kansas Association of broadcasters for “Best Website.”


No comments: