Monday, July 04, 2022

Former KODE anchor Robb Hanrahan dead at 60


Former KODE anchor Robb Hanrahan has died at age 60, according to an announcement from CBS 21 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, the last station where the Emmy-winning Hanrahan worked.

It is with great sadness to share the news that longtime CBS 21 News anchor Robb Hanrahan passed away over the weekend at the age of 60.








Hanrahan retired in February 2021, eight months after his heart stopped twice during a massive coronary. At that time, he posted the following message on the CBS 21 Facebook page:

“I have been through an extraordinary and life changing experience. It has truly opened my eyes as to what is most important to me,” Robb said. “Although TV news has always been, and will always be, a part of who I am, I know this is the right time to step back. I will miss all my friends and co-workers at CBS 21 and I remind them that I am not going anywhere. I still live in the market, my wife, Stacey, is still doing the weather and CBS 21 will always be my station.”

Hanrahan began his 38-year broadcasting career at KODE in the 1980s and later worked at WFOR in Miami, Florida, and spent seven years at WABC in New York where he was an evening anchor for several years.



No comments: