Saturday, December 17, 2005

"Small Town News" restocked at Hastings


I hadn't had an opportunity to go to Hastings for a few days, so I was surprised last night when I dropped by and discovered that the copies of my novel, "Small Town News," which I had left there, had sold out. I took 10 more copies by the store this afternoon so they should be on the shelves in a day or two.
Having a novel published and promoting it has been an interesting experience, to say the least.
I was told today that Hastings will probably want to arrange for another signing after the beginning of the year. Apparently, they were caught slightly off guard by the success of the Nov. 12 signing, which the store manager described as the biggest signing that ever been held in the Joplin Hastings. The book has continued to sell steadily in the store since that time.
I also hope to have signings in a couple of area communities, and try during the next couple of weeks to set up retail outlets in some area communities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO RANDY! I am happy for ya.

Belle said...

I have just had my first book published (POD) and am now facing the promoting portion of this adventure. I read your entry with GREAT interest. Congratulations on your success.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!!